I chose this ad because I found it shocking to believe that just 50 years ago people actually believe that smoking is “good” for you. The reason I chose this specific advertisement compared to the other outrageous ones was because they had every age group in this ad looking healthy and happy smoking camels, however so many people today are dying or have to drag around oxygen tanks because their lungs look like an ash tray. In 2011 society knows now that cigarettes lead to cancers, emphysema, heart diseases, and the list goes on. If some people choose to keep smoking they can seal their own fate. The main issue was in the old camel ads were that they did not show any warning labels to their product. Meanwhile having innocent children advertise for them, only to bring in more business of young adolescent smokers. They wanted to emphasize the benefits of smoking. Also persuade the public to believe doctors know best and science proves a longer life expectancy. I believe Children are the most valuable assets we are given in life and they SHOULD NOT be in cigarette ads. We should try to educate them while they're young to be independent thinkers and to not be swayed by the tobacco companies who are trying to take advantage of their mind and body.
No comments:
Post a Comment