Tuesday, October 11, 2011

# 6


The purpose of my ad was to elaborate on the benefits of smoking, they state that smoking camels will keep you looking younger and beautiful as her mother does in this advertisement. However the doctor prefers camels over any other cigarette and says that people that smoke camels have a longer life expectancy. "NOT!"... The kind of people they are advertising this to are children!, which is absolutly insane. Also to adults, both non smokers and smokers, persuading the ones that do smoke to switch to camels, because "doctors know best". I would have to say the genre of this ad is "healthy" smoking ad promoting smoking benefits oneself both in beauty and a longer life expectancy which is a complete utter lie. I believe the tone of this ad when it was advertised was to be thought of as truthful and believable ad that people back then seriously believed in. However in this day and age, I do believe people look at this ad as a complete joke, knowing all the lives lost from smoking cigarettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment